To assist primarily in developing and expanding ADB’s operations in the sectors covering major infrastructure, including multi-modal transport, energy, and water supply and sanitation, with inputs to other infrastructure sectors as required. In particular, the tasks will focus on medium-term planning, strategy development, sector diagnostics, due diligence and project preparation and administration.
2. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Provides overall support to developing and expanding ADB’s operational program in Indonesia’s infrastructure sectors, including sector assessments/planning, loan and technical assistance (TA) processing, and acts as the National Officer-focal point for liaison with the Government and other development partners in selected infrastructure sectors.
Participates in dialogue with the Government on infrastructure policy, regulatory and institutional reforms; and, engages in monitoring recent developments on policy, legal, regulatory and institutional developments in all infrastructure sectors.
Assist in the administration of the Project Development Facility and other infrastructure-related TAs and loans.
Undertakes analytical assessments on assigned sectoral and thematic areas, including preparation of brief policy and sector notes.
Takes responsibility for implementation and administration of the related sector projects that are delegated to IRM.
Analyzes progress of projects, tracks key actions on procurement and disbursement, and leads or participates in project implementation reviews.
Collates, compiles, and analyzes statistics and background information for the preparation of Annual/Quarterly Portfolio Review reports, the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) and updates lending and non-lending products.
Designs and maintains a database for monitoring milestone events and prepares progress reports of ADB loan projects and technical assistance.
Assists staff in headquarters with related sectoral issues and administration of non-delegated projects in the concerned sectors.
Liaises and collaborates with other agencies to keep IRM and headquarters updated on the latest developments in the sector.
3. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Engineering, Management, Economics or related fields of expertise; Master’s degree an advantage.
4. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
At least 5 years relevant experience in project management, research, procurement; related experience in international agencies will be an advantage.
Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Good computer skills covering word processing and spreadsheets, and preferably with knowledge of data management and graphics software.
Good interpersonal skills in multicultural team environment.
Familiarity with local institutions.
5. CORE COMPETENCIES:
Technical Knowledge and Skills
– Can give help and advice to others based on their specialist area of knowledge and skills
– Uses technical knowledge and skills to complete complex work
– Uses technical knowledge and skills to improve work systems
– Works to meet needs of clients according to ADB policy
– Communicates often with clients and seeks to understand and anticipate their needs
– Adapts own style to suit client preferences
– Find ways to reduce time and cost of completing work
– Monitors work and progress and makes improvements
– Works with others to overcome problems and find alternative ways to complete work when necessary
– Provides practical support and encouragement for team members
– Encourages team members to work together and benefit from diversity in different views, culture, nationality, and gender
– Sets priorities for the team and ensures they are followed through
Learning and Knowledge Sharing
– Learns new skills and knowledge and applies them
– Continuously finds new solutions to problems
– Leads the team in sharing knowledge and expertise
6. IMMEDIATE REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
Public-Private Partnership (PPP) and Infrastructure Specialists, IRM
7. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
The Asian Development Bank’s vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from over 50 member countries. The advertised position is a local staff position with a local remuneration package. It is open only to persons who are nationals and residents of Indonesia. While the position advertised is for Indonesia Resident Mission (IRM), ADB staff must be prepared to serve in any location outside the Resident Mission at the discretion of Management.
Interested applicants should quote Ref. No. EXT-NO-09-003-IRM and job title and submit their curriculum vitae not later than 21 December 2009 to:
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK – INDONESIA RESIDENT MISSION
Gedung BRI II, 7th Floor
JI, Jend Sudirman Kav. 44-46
Jakarta 10210, Indonesia
P.O. Box 99, JKPSA, Jakarta Pusat , Indonesia
Fax: +62 21 251-2749